Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Preparation Peel half the potatoes, grate them coarse (preferably in a food processor).
Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry. When slightly cooled, spread sour cream on top, sprinkle red onion and lay the smoked salmon. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. You can cook Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- It’s 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- Prepare of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Stir in potato flour and gradually add the whole egg Place the pancakes on a serving plate and top with the salmon, poached eggs, salad and horseradish cream. Garnish with the lemon juice and dill drizzle. Place potatoes and onions on clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible by twisting the top and sides tightly.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Combine potatoes, onions, egg and flour in large bowl. Crispy potato pancakes topped with caramelized onions, smoked salmon and dill sour cream. I would serve two of these as a first course per person While onions are cooking, grate potatoes. Squeeze potatoes in paper towels to release as much liquid as possible. Place potatoes in medium bowl and.