Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Carrot and zucchini pasta is mixed with a creamy, avocado cucumber sauce for a simple, delicious and vegan zucchini noodle recipe. Zucchini, carrots, avocado, cucumber and garlic. With a splash of lemon juice for good measure.
Let's get to eaten! #donutsasmr #asmreatingshow #eatwithme Lets Connect. Tender carrots and zucchini get a little zing from prepared horseradish and mayonnaise in this creamy baked side dish. This healthy zucchini noodle salad has all the flavors you love in a classic Mediterranean pasta salad but we've swapped in zoodles for wheat pasta, which makes the salad lighter, lower in carbs and gluten-free. You can cook Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- Prepare 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- You need 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
Serve it with grilled chicken or fish for a light and healthy summer dinner. How To Make Zucchini & Carrot Ribbons. The ribbons are easy to create. I used a mandolin to ribbon the zucchini and a peeler to do the carrots.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" instructions
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
Use almonds in place of pepitas if needed. I used raw pepitas instead of toasting them. For the garam marsla, if pairing this with regular pasta I would leave. Zucchini Pasta is a healthy replacement for pasta. Zucchini Pasta is a healthy replacement for pasta.