Salt-Grilled Salmon (Salmon Shiozake).
You can have Salt-Grilled Salmon (Salmon Shiozake) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salt-Grilled Salmon (Salmon Shiozake)
- You need of Salmon Fillet (with skin).
- Prepare of Sake or Ryorishu (Cooking Sake).
- You need of Kosher salt.
- You need of Oil.
Salt-Grilled Salmon (Salmon Shiozake) instructions
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pat dry using paper towel..
- In a container, pour sake over salmon, let it marinated for 10 minutes or so. Sake will help to eliminate the fishy smell in salmon..
- Using paper towel, pat salmon dry. Sprinkle generous amount of salt on both sides of salmon fillet, especially on the skin..
- Prepare a container with tight lid like this. Put paper towel inside, place the salmon fillet, then add another layer of paper towel on top. Close the lid..
- Keep in the fridge for at least 24 hours. The longer you keep, the saltier it will become..
- After 24 hours, take out the salmon. The paper towel should have been absorbing extra moisture from the salmon surface by now, so it will look somewhat dry. That's Ok.
- Prepare your frying pan. Pour just a little amount of oil, and grill the fish on both sides until the skin becomes crispy and the flesh turned into peachy color..
- Don't grill for too long, it will make the salmon texture gets hard & tough..
- If the salmon is ready, you can squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top if you like..