Vegan Cottage pie for babies.
You can cook Vegan Cottage pie for babies using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cottage pie for babies
- It’s 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare Tablespoon of oregano.
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Baby milk of choice.
- You need of Slither of oil.
Vegan Cottage pie for babies step by step
- Ingredients ✅.
- Cook carrots, onions and garlic in oil. Chop thinly and cook until soft.
- Dice potatoes and put on to boil.
- When onions, carrots & garlic is cooked & soft add lentils with water and oregano. You can also add more herbs here to taste (depending on where you baby is in weaning). Crank the heat so the lentils cook, stirring regularly.
- Keep stirring lentils and adding water as necessary until they are cooked. And if you need to walk off and look after your baby turn the hob off. Don’t forget and burn the whole thing…. 🙋🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️😭.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and leave to cool. When they are room temperature blend with baby milk of choice (breast or formula).
- When lentils are cooked, leave to cool and blend with baby milk of choice. You may also want to add peas for protein..
- Portion for baby together like a cottage pie, with lentils and potato in each portion. Making as big as your baby would like..
- Note on storage. For baby food mixed with breast milk this can be kept in the fridge for 3 days from when the milk was pumped and 6 months in the freezer. For formula follow your providers instructions..