Potato and broccoli au gratin. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! How to make Potatoes Au Gratin.
I have been making potato au gratin by making a white sauce for years but this is easier. Sprinkle on a dash of paprika. VARIATION: Substitute cauliflower, sliced tomatoes, or asparagus for broccoli. You can have Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- Prepare of side dishes.
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 2 cup of warm half and half.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
This broccoli gratin recipe features sage with its traditional cheese and broccoli and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus. Gratin using any kind of vegetable is always considered a classic of French cooking. To be a gratin it must be a baked dish but distinctively must have a light. Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!!
Potato and broccoli au gratin instructions
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French If you're wondering what the difference is between Scalloped Potatoes and Au Gratin Potatoes, scalloped potatoes are made with a flour-butter-milk. Creamy potatoes au gratin with potato chip topping. My mom made this recipe herself ! This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Potatoes Au Gratin is easy to make and is one of my favorite side dishes.