Brad's smoked salmon.
You can have Brad's smoked salmon using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's smoked salmon
- Prepare 2 (10 lb) of salmon.
- It’s 4 cups of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of course kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbs of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of ground mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of ground ginger.
Brad's smoked salmon instructions
- Mix all ingredients except salmon.
- Fillet and remove rib bones from salmon. Leave skin on. Cut into serving sized pieces..
- Lay brine mix in the bottom of a extra large glass baking pan.
- Place a layer of salmon skin side down..
- Cover with brine mix. Lay next layer meat side down and cover with more brine. Next layer lay skin side down and cover with more brine..
- Cover with saran wrap and brine in fridge 24 hrs.
- After brining, remove fish. Rinse lightly. Place on a towel to dry. A small fan will speed up the process.
- Place in your smoker. Fish must be dry. Moisture will collect soot from the smoke..
- Smoke between 120 – 150 degrees. Add smoke for two hours. Then just heat for 2. Keep repeating this process. Fish will be done in 18 hrs. The thinner belly and tail pieces will be done first. Thicker pieces may require more time..
- Fish will keep in the fridge up to three weeks. But it never lasts that long around me..