Nankathai/Butter cookies/Ghee Biscuits.
You can have Nankathai/Butter cookies/Ghee Biscuits using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nankathai/Butter cookies/Ghee Biscuits
- You need 1 cup of Maida/ All purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fine rava.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 25 of Cherries (halved) or raisins.
Nankathai/Butter cookies/Ghee Biscuits step by step
- Take ghee and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk till pale and creamy with a hand whisk..
- Add rava, cardamom powder, salt. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well with a spatula and form into a soft dough..
- Take a small portion and roll between palms and press a little flat on a baking tray. Leave space between each cookies to expand. Press cherries/rasins in the middle of each cookie..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. It will be soft when taken out of oven and hardens on cooling. Cool on a wire rack and store in airtight container..