Onde Onde Lava French Toast.
You can have Onde Onde Lava French Toast using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onde Onde Lava French Toast
- It’s of Custard:.
- You need 70 g of Gula Melaka / Palm Sugar,.
- Prepare 25 g of Evaporated Milk,.
- It’s 40 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
- It’s 15 g of Custard Powder,.
- It’s 17 g of Milk Powder,.
- You need of French Toast:.
- It’s 3 Slices of Thick White Sandwich Bread,.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- You need 1.5 TBSP of Evaporated Milk,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Pure Pandan Paste,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- You need of Desiccated Coconut, For Garnishing.
Onde Onde Lava French Toast instructions
- Prepare the custard. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add palm sugar and evaporated milk. Stir to combine well and until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl to cool down slightly..
- Add in butter. Cream until well combined. *If the sugar mixture is too hot, as soon as you add in the butter, the mixture will split.* The mixture should be light and fluffy..
- Steve in the custard and milk powder. Mix until well combined. *Make sure no lumps.* Cover with cling film, making sure the film is in contact with the custard. Set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or until firmed up..
- Prepare the French toast. Slice out the middle portion of 1 sandwich bread, leaving the crust and about 1/8 inch border. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and evaporated milk. Brush the egg mixture onto the edges on all the bread slices..
- Stack the sliced-out bread onto another bread as shown in the photo above. Spread the custard to fill the hole fully. Cover with the remaining slice of bread. Whisk pandan paste into the egg mixture until well combined..
- Dredge the bread into the egg mixture. In a skillet over medium-low heat, add butter. Once the butter has melted, place in the stack of bread..
- Toast the bread until browned on both sides. *Use 2 spatulas to carefully flip the bread.* Remove from heat and transfer onto serving plate. Garnish with desiccated coconut. Serve immediately..