You can have Chicken Biryani using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamons, powdered.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- It’s 3 of large size (250 g) onion, sliced.
- You need 3 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of biryani masala from any brand.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli powder (if needed).
- You need 2 of medium sized (150 g) tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of curd/ yoghurt.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Prepare 500 grams of chicken (with bone).
- It’s 2 cups of rice (soaked for 1/2 hours).
- It’s As required of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Chicken Biryani step by step
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil and add bay leaves, green cardamon and cloves. Saute for a minute and then add sliced onions. Add salt and saute onions till it turns golden. Then add green chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 3 minutes and add turmeric, biryani masala and chilli powder and mix it well..
- Add sliced tomatoes and mix it well till it becomes a paste. Then add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix it well..
- Add curd and mix it. Then add chicken (with bone) and mix it well. Cook sometime till the chicken is cooked 50%..
- Then add water (for 2 cups of basmati rice, add 3 cup of water). If it's a normal rice, then for 1 cup of rice, add 1 cup of water. Add salt to taste. Then add rice (soaked for 30 minutes and drain it off)..
- Normally the ratio of normal rice: water is 1:2. If basmati rice, the ratio is 1:1.5. Mix it well and cover and cook for 1 whistle on a medium heat and then turn off the heat and let it stand for 15 more minutes. Ready to serve..