*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. These vegan salt fish fritters will satisfy any salt fish craving you might have. I am using chickpea flour in this recipe to make it gluten free. It is so easy to whip up a batch; I'm sure you will be adding this to your collection.
SALT FISH RECIPE-HOW TO COOK This is SO Delicious fast quick And easy Jamaican Cabbage and CODFI. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I just made these and I can say these are amazing!! You can cook *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay season.
- You need 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
Such an easy recipe and delicious. Reminds me of ordering from the neighborhood Jamaican restaurant in Brooklyn. This product is awesome, but it has no salt fish in it. Great tasting and easy to prepare.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter instructions
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. These fritters are absolutely delicious and worth the salting process alone, but search for other salt fish Sprinkle some salt in a container or tray that will fit the fish in a single layer and lay the fillets on it. Caribbean insipred Salt Fish without the fish! I can't believe how much this recipe resembles Salt Fish. This is one of my favourite dishes packed with so I made this delicious recipe as part of my vegan Caribbean feast with more island flavours and recipes!