Hokkaido Potato Butter Cookies Made with New Potatoes.
You can have Hokkaido Potato Butter Cookies Made with New Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hokkaido Potato Butter Cookies Made with New Potatoes
- It’s 2 of Potato (preferably the danshaku variety).
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of Salted butter.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 40 grams of Cane sugar.
Hokkaido Potato Butter Cookies Made with New Potatoes instructions
- Rinse the potatoes, but do not drain. Wrap in plastic wrap with the skins intact. Microwave for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Peel the skins while hot. Prepare 100g of potatoes. Mash with a masher, and spread on a tray to let it cool completely (leave uncovered to evaporate the excess moisture)..
- If they are still watery, microwave for 1 more minute without covering to get rid of the excess moisture. Bring the butter to room temperature..
- Put the butter into a bowl. Beat with a whisk, and add sugar and mix well. Add egg yolk and mix well..
- Add the potatoes and mix. Once everything is mixed well, add the sifted flour, and mix briskly with a spatula until the texture is no longer floury..
- Once the mixture had thickened, wrap in plastic wrap and shape into a log. Leave it for an hour in a fridge. Cut into 5mm thick slices with a knife, and arrange them on a baking sheet..
- Bake for about 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 340F/170C. They are soft after baking, so let them cool completely on the sheet..
- The salted butter brings out the sweetness of the potatoes. If using unsalted butter, add 2 pinches of salt when mixing the dough..