Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house. And did you hear me when I said veg only?
This Shepherd's Pie is vegetarian comfort food at its best. Carrots, mushrooms, peas, and green beans bathed in a creamy sauce and topped with cheesy mashed potatoes make a diner's delight! This is a wonderful vegetarian shepherd's pie recipe for anyone who loves mushrooms. You can cook Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie
- Prepare 500 g of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of milk.
- It’s 100 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 cup of green peas cooked.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- It’s 100 g of mushrooms.
- It’s to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Mushrooms, peas, onions, and mashed potatoes make up the This is a typical dinner I make for my vegetarian/gluten-free family. If you love mushrooms, this shepherd's pie is the perfect recipe for you. This dish is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat. Yes, this recipe takes a little longer to prepare but it is definitely worth it!
Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie step by step
- Put all your ingredients together.peel,dice and wash the potatoes.boil them till ready.
- When ready drain the water and mash them with the egg yolk,milk,butter and cheese.season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- For the mushrooms so that they retain their crunchyness.sautee them in oil for 2 minutes.put them aside on a plate.
- For the filling. dice all your vegetables.fry the onion in oil till brown.
- Add all your vegetables and a tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes then add water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce.add water cook till the vegetable s are ready.
- To your casserole dish add the peas stew and arrange the mushrooms on top.
- Add the mash potatoes and press down and take a fork and make designs with it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve when ready.garnish with spring onion.
Chop the mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. Add them into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed together. * I added the soy granules without boiling them because the mushrooms contain a lot of water and these soy granules will absorb all excess water. This vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie is the perfect comfort food, even the pickiest eaters will love! It also has a vegan version. This mushroom shepherd's pie is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat.