Smoked turkey brine.
You can cook Smoked turkey brine using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked turkey brine
- Prepare 2 gallons of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 5 gallon of bucket.
- Prepare 1 of turkey oven bag.
- Prepare 1 of turkey weight doesn't matter.
Smoked turkey brine instructions
- In large spaghetti pot over medium heat combine all ingredients one at a time to the 2 gallons of water..
- Slowly stir till disolved and remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. (Heating is only to help dissolve the ingredients).
- Line the 5 gallon bucket with the oven bag and slowly pour in the room temprature brine over the turkey..
- Allow turkey to brine for 24 hours before smoking..
- Smoke turkey at 225 degrees at 35-40 mins per pound until the breasts are at 170-175. Allow turkey to rest in a turkey pan before serving..