Apam Balik – Asian Pancake.
You can cook Apam Balik – Asian Pancake using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apam Balik – Asian Pancake
- It’s of The Batter.
- You need 3 C of flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of dry yeast.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of egg (room temperature).
- It’s 2 1/3 cup of warm milk.
- It’s of The Filling.
- It’s as needed of Granulated sugar -.
- You need of Roasted coarsely grind peanuts.
- You need of (As needed).
- Prepare of Creamy sweet corn (as needed).
- Prepare of butter (as needed).
Apam Balik – Asian Pancake step by step
- For the batter – place all ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Mix & whisk everything until well combined with no lumps. Cover bowl with a cling film & leave to rest for 30mins in warm place..
- After 30mins, the batter should be foamy & almost double its volume. Give it a whisk before using..
- Cooking – brush some unsalted butter onto a preheated pan. Give batter a whisk before using. For a standard size pan, Pour 3/4 cup of batter on a preheated pan. If using small pancake pan, pour only 1/4 cup of batter (small one is better). Next, swirl & spread batter evenly using the back of the ladle or just tilt your pan in circle motion. Cook over low heat with lid on for 1-2mins until bubbles are formed. Use the lowest heat or your batter will burn..
- Remove the lid. Sprinkle sugar generously (use grated palm/coconut sugar for a distinct flavour), coarsely ground peanuts & few tsp of creamy sweet corn. Put the lid back on again & let it continue cooking until it's fully cooked. This wont take long so it’s best to not overcook..
- Remove the lid. Put tiny slices of butter (optional). Run a spatula all around the edges to release it from the pan. It should come out easily. Fold it in half and serve..