Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast. These grilled chicken breasts are marinated in a simple citrus marinade made with lime, orange juice, honey, and red pepper flakes. Tropical Grilled Chicken Breast. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These prizewinning grilled chicken breasts take advantage of aromatic tropical spices.
The spicy heat of the chicken pairs beautifully with the flavorful cilantro butter in this original recipe from Diane Halferty of Corpus Christi, Texas. We added spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar to the chicken, which complemented the other spices that are brushed over the chicken before grilling. Grilled Chicken Breast is the perfect meal! You can have Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast
- It’s 4 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, and patted dry.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of vegetable or olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of For the rub:.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark rum.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 8 oz. of can crush pineapple bits with juice.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of For the garnish:.
- You need 1 of pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in 1” thick slices.
- Prepare 2 of scallions (green onions), chopped for garnish.
It's great added to pasta, put on top of a salad or served with a side of zucchini salad and corn on the cob on a hot summer evening! This easy, healthy recipe produces tender and plump marinated chicken breasts that are grilled to golden perfection. Skinless boneless chicken breasts marinated in yogurt with garlic, cumin, and paprika, then grilled. I've recently been cooking my way through some of the older recipes on Simply Recipes and came across this gem—Moroccan spiced grilled chicken breasts.
Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast step by step
- Place chicken breasts on a platter with raised sides and cover the breasts with oil. Rub both sides with garlic. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients with a spoon. Dust both sides of the chicken breasts and gently rub the spices against the meat. Lightly cover the chicken with a towel and refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, rum, brown sugar, can of pineapple bits (with juice), and Worcestershire sauce. Add a dash of red pepper flakes. Bring to a mild boil over medium-high heat and continue to stir and heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow this to cool and thicken for 30 minutes..
- Prepare outdoor grill. One side of the grill should be high, other side medium. Clean the grates with a wire brush and coat well with vegetable oil using a balled paper towel or aluminum foil..
- Adjust the high heat side down to “medium,” with the other grilling surface to “low.” Place the “thickest” part of the breast over the “medium” heat side of the grill on a 45˚ angle to the grate. [Facing 10 on a clock].
- Grill for 5 minutes (if more than 1” thick). Turn the chicken over and grill for another 4-5 minutes in the same direction or position..
- Turn the chicken over once again (this time facing 2 on a clock). Medium heat on the thicker side of the meat. This may require adjusting the flame on a gas grill or moving the grate around on a charcoal grill..
- Brush the sauce over the chicken breasts very thick and grill for 2 minutes. Turn the breasts over, keeping within the same direction and brush more sauce on top. Grill for another 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a serving platter and add more sauce. Set aside..
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook on both sides for 4 minutes using the sauce. When done, place the slices on a small plate and move them to a cutting board. Slice up the rings into 1” pieces..
- Place the chicken breasts on individual plates, add the pineapple pieces, and top this with chopped scallions. Serve with your favorite rice mixture. [Pictured, black beans and rice].
Grilled chicken breasts can be the epitome of boring. Too often they're dried out or rubbery. But when soaked in a super-quick marinade — with balsamic Also feel free to add in your favorite spices or even hot sauce. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the perfect blank canvas to experiment with. Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe + Homemade Spice Rub.