Germain CHEESECAKE. This German Käsekuchen (German Cheesecake) is made with Quark and has a hint of lemon. One bite and you'll swear you're in Germany! There are many variations of German cheesecake.
I was a little worried about using cottage cheese because of the "chunks " but the consistency is very smooth. Also keep in mind that this type of cheesecake is supposed to be more brown around the edges than our typical sour cream American cheescakes. In a blender or food processor, puree cottage cheese; set aside. You can have Germain CHEESECAKE using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Germain CHEESECAKE
- It’s 200 gr of Castor Sugar.
- You need 250 gr of Philadelphia Cheese.
- It’s 500 gr of Cream Cheese.
- You need 180 ml of Fresh Cream.
- It’s 40 gr of Corn Flour.
- It’s 1 pack of Marie biscuits.
- Prepare 200 gr of butter for greasing and biscuit mix.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
This German Cheesecake (AKA Käsekuchen) is as authentic as it gets! So I am kind of in love with my German neighbors. I discovered they were German when I delivered leftover treats to our apartment complex's clubhouse and they were in there. This traditional German cheesecake (or Käsekuchen) has a slightly crunchy crust and a firm creamy filling full of sweet flavors and rich texture.
Germain CHEESECAKE instructions
- Mash biscuits and mix with melted butter. Line baking tray.
- Pre heat oven to 170°C and mix the cheeses, egg, Castor Sugar, corn flour, cream together until it's a thick smooth cream..
- Fill into baking mould or tray. Place in oven and bake until golden brown.
- Leave to cool. Then refrigerate for 2hours more before serving. Best served on it's own or add canned fruits. Like Peaches on the side..
This recipe is a perfect example of how a few simple ingredients, combined with a little time can take your food to the next level. German Cheesecake is not made with grahm crackers but a dough made of flour butter egg sugar lemon and vanilla-sugar. Quark is available or it can be similarly made using cottage cheese with sour cream added and put in a blender to smooth. Käsekuchen (German Cheesecake) This German cheesecake is a bit lighter than its American cousin. The filling is made with low-fat quark instead of cream cheese and egg foam is folded into the filling to give it a slightly fluffy consistency.