You can cook Salmon Cakes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Cakes
- You need 4 oz of cooked salmon (or 6 oz canned, drained).
- Prepare 1/2 c of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire.
- It’s 1 of green onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of your favorite seasoning blend- we like Tony's.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
Salmon Cakes instructions
- Mix the salmon with the mayonnaise, worcestershire, green onion, seasoning, and breadcrumbs..
- Taste the mixture! Make sure it's salty enough. If it's too salty, add more breadcrumbs. For extra flavor, throw in any fresh herbs you have handy..
- Gently fold in the egg. The mixture should just hold together when scooped; add a bit more mayo if it's too dry..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to it, swirling to coat the pan..
- Divide the salmon mixture into 8 parts. Form by scooping them out with a large spoon, gently pressing them flat with your hand, and sliding into the pan. It's okay if they're a little wonky!.
- Let them brown for a minute or two per side; they'll stick until they're ready to be flipped..
- Serve immediately, with veggies and macaroni and cheese if you're like us!.