Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash.
You can cook Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash
- Prepare 15 ml of olive oil.
- You need 250 grams of mushrooms, sliced (use your favourite ones).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, washed, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stick of celery, sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 100 ml of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans.
- It’s of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of For the mash.
- It’s 6 of large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- Prepare 200 grams of cheddar cheese, created.
- Prepare of salt.
Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash step by step
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the olive oil and mushrooms. Fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1min..
- Add the vegetable stock and the red wine to the pan, stirring, then add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Add the red kidney beans and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and carrots in a large pan of lightly salted water for 20 minutes or until both are tender. Drain well then add the butter, milk and salt. Mash until creamy and smooth, you can add more milk if you have to. Mix in the cheddar cheese, cover and set to one side..
- Spoon the mushroom and been mixture into a large, shallow, creased oven dish..
- Top with the carrot and potato mash, smoothing the surface. Or pipe it on..
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, Grill for the last 5 minutes to get the top golden brown. Goes great with a side portion of peas..