Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry recipe.
You can cook Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry recipe using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry recipe
- Prepare 500 gram of chicken pieces.
- You need 4-5 of Kashmiri red chilies – medium size.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisin – (kishmish).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yogurt – (dahi).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin – (zeera).
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry recipe instructions
- Tempering ½ teaspoon mustard seeds – (kali rai).
- ½ teaspoon black seeds – (kalonji).
- 2 twigs curry leaves – (karri patta).
- 3-4 round red chilies – (sabut gol mirch).
- Instructions Prep Steps Wash and soak raisins and kashmiri lal mirch a night ahead. (see notes if in a hurry).
- Blend Kashmiri red chilli with garlic, cumin and raisins in mixer to form a very smooth paste.
- Make Chicken In a pot, fry the paste in 3 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes and add the chicken with yogurt. Cover it..
- Cook till the chicken is tender and you have desired consistency of gravy..
- For tempering, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add curry leaves, cumin, kalonji and round red chilies, cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add on top of chicken and cover. Chicken is ready.
- Notes If soaking ahead is not possible then, boil 2 cups of water, put in kashmiri red chilies and raisins. Keep it covered for two minutes with heat turned off. The spice level of this recipe is mild so this recipe is kids-friendly too. You can add more Kashmiri lal mirch to make it more spicy..
- Soak or boil kashmiri lal mirch for 2 minute to bring out that vibrant red colour..
- Soak or boil raisin for 1 minute to make them soft..
- Blend kashmiri mirch, garlic and cumin together. Add raisin and blend pulsing occasionaly to form a smooth paste. This will take some time about 5-7 minutes.
- Fry the paste with oil in a pan for 1-2 minutes and add chicken..
- Add yogurt, and cook till chicken is tender and you have the desired consistency of gravy..
- For tarka, heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, round chillies, mustard seeds and kalonji. Cook for a minute. Now add to the chicken and cover to let the aroma infuse in the chicken very well..