Hajni's authentic chicken curry.
You can cook Hajni's authentic chicken curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hajni's authentic chicken curry
- You need of chicken portions of your choice.
- Prepare of (3 tablespoons) oil, butter or mixture.
- Prepare of onions – chopped.
- You need of large, ripe tomatoes, grated.
- It’s of 6 large potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare of (1 Tbs) freshly squeezed lemon juice..
- You need of (1 tbs) sugar.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- It’s of (2 tbs) special curry masala.
- Prepare of (1 tbs) ground coriander.
- You need of (1 tbs) tumeric.
- It’s of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare of cardamon seeds.
- It’s of curry leaves.
- You need of (1 tsp) freshly crushed garlic.
- Prepare of (1 tsp) freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare of (1 tbs) garam masala.
- You need of (3 tbs) freshly chopped coriander (dhania)..
Hajni's authentic chicken curry step by step
- mix your spices (except the garam masala) in a small dish and set aside.
- brown chicken well in oil, or mixture of oil and butter and remove from the pan..
- in the remaining oil, saute the onions until they are golden brown..
- add the tomatoes and stir through.
- stir in all the spices, except the garam masala and fresh coriander, but including the garlic and ginger.
- add 500 ml (2 cups) boiling water, bring to the boil and add the chicken and potatoes..
- add the lemon juice, sugar and salt to taste..
- simmer until chicken is tender, adding extra water when needed..
- before serving, add gram masala and freshly chopped coriander. Bring back to the boil. The garam masala spices thicken the curry ..